[Amps] bandswitch question

To: <amps@contesting.com>, <rfamplifiers@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Amps] bandswitch question
From: "Steve Flood" <kk7uv@bresnan.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 17:16:28 -0600
Ebay Item number: 170209709824

Are these decent bandswitches?  They are break-before-make, and not
progressively-shorting.  My tank coil is wound for 160m with taps for 80, 40,
and 20.  Since I am not running the higher bands (15, 10m) and around 1000w, is
it necessary (or good engineering practice) to use progressively shorted taps?

I also have a larger 3P4T ceramic switch which I could rig up for shorting
unused taps if needed, but the smaller switch above will make a little more
room in the RF compartment.

Thanks,
Steve KK7UV