Re: [Amps] current in primary of microwave oven transformer

To: Manfred Mornhinweg <mmornhin@gmx.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] current in primary of microwave oven transformer
From: Angel Vilaseca <avilaseca@bluewin.ch>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:18:01 +0200
Again a crystal clear explanation. Thanks again Manfred!

So I guess the only remaining option will be to remove the heating
winding which is located between the primary and the secondary and
replace it with about 50 turns of enameled wire of the same size as the
primary and wire it in series with the primary. Steve Thompson also
offered this solution on this list. Thanks Steve!

Then of course I will probably have about 500 V less at the secondary.
This would be too much. I need 3000 V for my GS-35B. But it would be
just fine for a pair of 4CX250Bs.

Maybe an intermediate solution with only a few turns?

Back to the workbench. Time to experiment again!

Thanks to all who responded.

Angel Vilaseca HB9SLV