[Amps] Sheet aluminum

To: <amps@contesting.com>, <rfamplifiers@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Amps] Sheet aluminum
From: "Steve Flood" <kk7uv@bresnan.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 17:02:43 -0600
I have my homebrew amp project ready for the sheet metal order.  I already have
a .125" thick aluminum front rack panel.  But how heavy should I go on the
remaining panels?  I will have 2 side panels, a deck, an interior front panel
(the real "front" of the rf compartment.  The other front panel will sit a few
inches in front allowing space for meters and such), then of course top, bottom
and rear panels.  I will hold everything together with half-inch aluminum angle
stock.  I am thinking .068 to .075" thick for the deck and sides, then .050"
for top, bottom, back.

Steve KK7UV