Re: [Amps] 3-500 availability

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500 availability
From: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 12:50:06 -0500
Ed,

It's almost a moot point in that if you simply order one or two pairs now,
they'll stand a good chance of outlasting you if you treat them right.  I
know a guy running the same pair of 3-500s since the 1970s.  And the 3-500
has a grid that's so robust you almost have to do something deliberate to
damage one of those tubes.  For these reasons I won't run any other tube; my
next amp will either be an AL82 or AL80B or a solid state amp.

73,

rob / k5uj

<<<

Hello All,

I would appreciate hearing any thoughts on the future availability of the 3-500
tube.

Thanks and 73,

Ed, W6GJI>>>