Re: [Amps] ALPHA DOA...

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] ALPHA DOA...
From: gdaught6@stanford.edu
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 09:14:36 -0700
Paul wrote...

> I never thought I would live to see the day when the life expectancy of my
> old Alpha 70V with its extremely scarce 3CV1500A7 tube may actually exceed
> that of the microprocessor-based 4CX800 amplifiers.
>
> The 3CV1500A7 uses a directly-heated cathode, and is extremely robust.

Speaking of which, I have a 3CV1500A7 (and the "radiator/condenser") that is
excess to my needs.  The tube was producing full output when last used.

If anyone is interested, make an offer (direct, not on the reflector.)

73,

George T Daughters, K6GT
CU in the California QSO Party (CQP)
October 3-4, 2008