Re: [Amps] Amps DOA

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps DOA
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 13:58:27 -0400
Same here.

My original GE electric cook-top was only 10 years old and the in-counter
mount spacings had changed.  I was in search of ANY electric cook-top that
would simply drop right into the countertop.  But between then and a couple
years ago, the length of all major brands had increased by about 3/4" --
which then necessitated me re-cutting all the counter tile along the width
of the cook-top.  Why couldn't the manufacturers have just come together
with a standard in the very beginning?

I can go on...why is that every time Black & Decker comes out with a new
DustBuster that the wall mounting centers are always different?  I have
walls loaded with vacated plastic drywall anchors, that were used in prior
Dust-Buster installations.   Grrrr...

Paul, W9AC