Re: [Amps] W3NQN band pass filters

To: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, "Alton McConnell Avon-Cadillac" <amcconnell@avonauto.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] W3NQN band pass filters
From: <d.cutter@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:03:59 +0100
Presumably this is for a contest station.  What matters more is the break thro
into the other station's rx and this can be strongly influenced by the antenna
or input Z of the linear on the filter.  It's particularly a problem on a wide
band like 80m

Breakthro into an adjacent filter is important, so  a rigorous approach to
screening and relay switching is needed.  I think it was the Bavarian Contest
Group that showed a multi-filter bank you will find interesting

David
G3UNA