[Amps] qsk5 question...

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] qsk5 question...
From: jerome schatten <romers@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:25:08 -0700
Hi... my QSK5 arrived today and is a great puzzlement. I read the
manual and decided to have a dry run without the amp attached.

Thus, I hooked the Antenna to the Antenna connector on the QSK5 and
the and the Antenna connector on the Pro3 to the Xcvr Out connector on
the QSK5. I hooked Key1 to Aux on the QSK5 and the Pro3's qsk line to
the Key2 connector.

Not a signal to be heard. The manual indicated that when the QSK5's
power switch is in the off position, it would provide straight through
operation of the transceiver to the antenna. Nada.

I tried keying the QSK5 and the Pro3's swr meter showed that the
antenna was not connected to the Pro3. I did however, get received
signals for three seconds until the relay dropped out.

So, my question is: should the setup described above not provide
straight through operation, or am I missing something? Or is the unit
defective?

I remember there was someone on this list that offered to walk me
through the setup, but I thought surely I could do this much. Ha!

I remain Puzzled in Vancouver.
Jerome - va7vv