Re: [Amps] New Tubes - Question

To: "Lee Buller" <k0wa@swbell.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] New Tubes - Question
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:15:33 -0400
It wouldnt hurt to run them for 20 minutes or so with the plates showing a
bit of color with no drive. The same holds with Eimacs that have been stored
for several years. Be sure a HV current limiting resistor is in the HV lead
in case a tube decides to flash over.

This assumes that you have sufficient air flow to keep the tube seals
contented. At least treat that original SB-220 fan to a tear down, cleaning
and relube.

Carl
KM1H