Re: [Amps] New Tubes - Question

To: "Lee Buller" <k0wa@swbell.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] New Tubes - Question
From: "W7RY" <w7ry@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:46:28 -0700
This is from the RF Parts web site:

http://www.rfparts.com/tubeinstall.html

73
Jim W7RY

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lee Buller
  To: amps@contesting.com
  Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 9:19 AM
  Subject: [Amps] New Tubes - Question

  Question....

  I have a new pair of Taylor 3-500Zs from RF Parts in my amp.  Do they have to
been "burned in" or "gettered" before actual use?  The seem to work fine and
make power.  Never did that with the new SB-220 back in the day....just plugged
them in and operated.  But, I've read comments here on the list about doing
this....

  Lee - K0WA

  In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you
don't have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't
find any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.
Is Common Sense divine?