Re: [Amps] Damage?

Subject: Re: [Amps] Damage?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 19:29:55 -0400
Rob Atkinson wrote:
> <<<If 1500W from 75' away would do damage, I guess you better not
> drive past any
> 50kW AM BC stations, which are often set up right alongside major highways.
> -WB2WIK/6>>>
>
> You all make it sound like the 1-A stations were all built after the
> expressways.  Here in Chicago, the four 1-A stations' transmitter
> plants were all sited back in the 1930s but curiously, they all did
> wind up being near interstate highways, with the 670 station the
> farthest away from one at about 2 miles.   So the question should be
> what about the tx sites attracted those highways?  :  )

Just South of Alma MI, there is a broadcast array situated between Old
US27 and the expressway. IOW it is *close* to both (I could throw a rock
far enough to hit the closest and I am not a good pitcher)  but at least
it's relatively low power. What the ERP is in the favored direction? I
don't know.

Roger (K8RI)