Re: [Amps] Damage?

To: Anthony Rick <asrick@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Damage?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 19:48:36 -0400
Anthony Rick wrote:
> Yeah! You guys really showed Bob.  That'll teach people what happens when
> someone dares post a question (smile, smile).
>

> There are several broadcasting towers for TV, AM and FM all grouped together
> within a one-mile radius near me in Milwaukee.  They all straddle an urban
> area, one even has a guy anchor in the Wal-Mart parking lot.  It has become
> common knowledge to Milwaukee residents who frequent the many stores in the
> area that your vehicle's remote control is unreliable in this location.  I
> didn't believe it until I changed the batteries in by girlfriends remote and
> was able to use it to start the car from a block away while in the driveway
> but not from two stalls away when near the broadcast towers.  Nermin, maybe
> you haven't head of such things in S5 land.

And it may have nothing to do with those stations.  There was a recent
incident listed in the ARRL newsletter where shoppers found there
remotes wouldn't work in a mall parking lot. Turned out to be related to
the doors (security maybe?) at one of the stores.  It sounds like it was
a bear to find.

Roger (K8RI)