[Amps] Ameritron Amps?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Ameritron Amps?
From: Gary McAdams <g.m.mcadams@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 15:08:58 -0700
Hello All,

I have a question about Ameritron amps.

Before we start, lets not get into an "MFJ is Crap" thread if possible.
I know that they have their Q&A problems so lets not deal with that OK?

What is the biggest difference between the AL-1500 and AL-1200 amps,
besides the different tubes? If the price is the same or almost the
same, then why would the 1200 be offered?

I have an old Kenwood TL-922 that I will probably have to replace. It is
getting troublesome, and I'm getting tired of working on it. I am
looking at the entire Ameritron line as it seems to be a good
price/value but it is a bit confusing about the differences between to
very similar amps.

How about the AL-572?

At any rate, if you made it this far, thanks for reading, and if you
have any hints I'd appreciate it.

thanks and 73

Gary WG7X