Re: [Amps] Ameritron Amps?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ameritron Amps?
From: "Mike" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 15:23:13 -0700
I purchased a an AL-1500 because it only takes 60 watts of drive to reach
legal output (actually a lot less on some bands), I did not want to run the
exciter at 100watts if it was not necessary.  Why drive the exciter to 100
watts and heat the shack up even more and kill the transistors.

My thoughts and reasons anyway.

Mike