Re: [Amps] Titan fan

To: "'Dave Bowker'" <dbowker@sjv.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Titan fan
From: "John E. Cleeve" <g3jvc@jcleeve.idps.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 13:14:03 +0100
Hello Dave,

Yes, I think that you are correct; the figures would need amending for two
tubes, and, I assume how the airflow is fed to the tube bases, that is, a
single air chamber beneath two tube bases, or two separate bases with a "Y"
hose connection to a single fan. A simple "U" tube water manometer, was
shown in several "tube period" ARRL handbooks, to aid the checking of "back
pressure", but I do not have access to a Titan, to carry out any
measurements. It just seemed unfair to me, that there appeared to be no
information on replacing an obsolete defunct Titan fan. Perhaps if you have
a greater knowledge of the subject/fans, you could amend my offering to the
reflector?   Sincerely, John.

  _____