Re: [Amps] Inductor Software?

To: "Adrian Rees (MW1LCR)" <rees.a@btconnect.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Inductor Software?
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 02:08:11 -0500
As this likely is going to be used on a band with a relatively wide
range, say 40, 75, or even the
160 I was going to ask, what ever happened to the good old formula for a
solenoid coil. You don't need to be precise, and should be able to
change taps so it might be wise to have an extra turn or two.  Still,
what will be highest voltage likely be at the feed point of a bobtail?

To me this is sorta like the; "measure with a micrometer and cut with a
chain saw".  How much accuracy do we really need?

73

Roger (K8RI)