[Amps] Fwd: rx noise?

To: "amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Fwd: rx noise?
From: "Patrick Egloff" <pegloff@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 07:35:34 +0100
Hi All,
I also have an HF2500 amplifier i got second hand years ago.

During the last CQWW CW i had problem with the antenna switching relay. I
had to open the amp an try to clean this nasty relay.... I did it twice, in
the middle of the battle ! I must change this low quality relay !

My question concerns the HV drop. On my amplifier, the voltage drops a lot,
i can't remember how much but i always thought it was too.

The output power is never over 1300W.

So, my question. How much R power should this amplifier deliver  and how
much HV does it have under load and no load ?

73, Patrick

I would suspect the HV diodes rather than the filter caps. You did say there

Patrick Egloff - TK5EP
email : pegloff@gmail.com
Web page : http://tk5ep.free.fr

--