Re: [Amps] SB-220

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220
From: "Jeff Carter" <amps@hidden-valley.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:46:49 -0500
You are right.  The computer is in a different room than the amp
project, and I got them transposed in the time it took me to walk to
the computer.

The voltages are where they should be.

I see what you're talking about in reference to the HV.  I went back
to the schematic for a better understanding.

The reason for my question was I thought maybe the metering circuit
wasn't complete without the tubes in place, but as you say, the
metering circuit pulls right from the board where the multiplier
circuit diodes are.  So that meant I had another problem.

The good news is, I found the problem.  Once again, according to the
schematic, there wasn't much that could go wrong.  I knew the meter
was good because I'd tested it prior to installation.  So that left
either the switch or a solder connection somewhere.

The 3 position switch I am using is not original.  In putting the
faceplate on the chassis, I damaged the switch.  I repaired the damage
and the multimeter now reads the same as my analog Triplett meter.

Thanks for the reply,

Jeff/KD4RBG