[Amps] Amp Comparison Advice Please

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Amp Comparison Advice Please
From: "Kevin Nathan" <k7rx@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 17:20:33 -0800
Hi All,

Several of you sent me manuals for the Kenwood TL-922 last night and today
for which I am grateful.  I have the opportunity to pick one of these up for
a good price in excellent condition.

I also have the opportunity, if I wish, to pick up a Dentron Clipperton L
for less money.  In looking at ratings on these on Eham, they are rated at
the same point on the scale of 5.

Would those of you who know these two amps please give me your thoughts
regarding pros and cons and which you might choose.  One obvious selling
point for me is that the local ham offering the Clipperton L promises me
assistance if I need it if anything does go wrong and since I am blind, this
appeals.  but, I don't want to buy a dog just because I can get it serviced
easily.

I would appreciate any and all thoughts on these two amps but please, no
wars.  <GRIN>

Take care all and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX