Re: [Amps] SB-220 Drive Levels -FTFM

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 Drive Levels -FTFM
From: N7KA@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:12:35 +0000
The manual on page 72 states .5 Amps, 2000V, and Ig of 100-200mA. This is with
the SSB/CW switch is in the CW position (lower plate voltage) resulting in
1000W INPUT, the legal limit at the time the SB-220 was introduced.  The manual
goes on to give tuning instructions for SSB when amp is placed in SSB position.

I have used the SB-220 but almost always in SSB position for SSB or CW.  1200W
out is about maximum I had read on the BIRD wattmeter on CW, but do not do a
long key down.  And I never used it on RTTY.

Arne N7KA

From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>