Re: [Amps] Glitch Resistor

To: <gzook@yahoo.com>, "'AMPS'" <amps@contesting.com>, "'Bob Maser'" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Glitch Resistor
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 15:43:35 -0600
> I'm having a hard time finding a 50 ohm 50W resistor for a glitch resistor
> for my 4CX1500B amp.  Seems I remember that I could also use some AWG 30
> for a glitch.  Can someone enlighten me?

I buy my power resistors from Allied Electronics.

AWG 30 wire can be used for a fuse, but not a glitch protector. A glitch
resistor must remain intact after an event. There are many articles and
posts on this reflector and others, plus the instructions from Eimac on the
tube data manual on how a glitch resistor works, and why it must survive all
events.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC