Re: [Amps] Transformer heating (problem?)

To: <garyschafer@comcast.net>, "'Roger'" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>, <Gary@doctorgary.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformer heating (problem?)
From: "David Craig" <davidhcraig@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 03:04:38 -0500
    Did a lot of research/ talking on this one, so I posit this;  Hypersil
cores are pre-formed and "bandsawed" in half prior to assembly, which is
done with band-clamps.  In sum the core HAS to be shorted plate to plate,
hence that is highly unlikely the cause of my heating & "ratio loss" issue.
My case is different in that the plates, presumeably new, are losing ratio
as time under power "on" (not load) is steadily decreasing.  Whatever is
going on is continuing to get worse ... Bottom  line is, though I think they
are out of business anyway, avoid "Heritage" transformers.  Whatever was
used, in my case, was junk.   $300.00 wasted.  73 Dave N3DB