Re: [Amps] Any Henry experts on the list?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Any Henry experts on the list?
From: kg7hf@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:48:30 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Chaz,

I figured others might be able to chime in.

My favorite is the AM-3924.  It is part of the AN/URT-23  transmitter set used
on many Navy ships.   The amplifier section has fixed caps and coils and is
switched by the exciter (T-827).   It is a bullet proof amp which uses two
4cx1500B tubes, it can produce 1000w output AM continuous carrier unlimited
keydown time.   In other works, it can easily do legal limit on RTTY/CW/SSB
with no keydown limit, and can likely be pushed to do 1500w AM, but that would
be over the current US rules.

Every once in a while you see them on ebay, but fair radio sales usually has
them as well as other outlet houses.

Paul, kg7hf.

Message: 8