Re: [Amps] QRO HF-2500DX on 10.1 MHz (Proper title!)

To: "'Paul M Dunphy'" <amplifier@ve1dx.net>, <n8de@thepoint.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] QRO HF-2500DX on 10.1 MHz (Proper title!)
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 12:53:11 -0600
> At 02:31 PM 2/28/2009, you wrote:
> >Not in USA ... 200w limit.
> >Don
> >N8DE
>
>      I know Don.  I was curious if they will technically (or can
> easily be modified) work on 30M.  I realise that there is an unfair
> FCC (in my view) power restriction on you guys in the US.  We are not
> restricted here in Canada, and I don't think most countries are.
>
>      My intent was not to get off on a tangent of whether or not it
> is legal or should be in the US, but rather if anyone knows how to
> make a QRO HF-2500DX work on 10.1 MHz.  Just looking for the
> technical aspect, not whether or not it should be done.

Amplifiers on 30 meters are completely legal in the USA.
It is the power level that is restricted.

The power output of a 100-watt transceiver can be doubled with the addition
of an amplifier, and you are still perfectly legal. We need all the help we
can get on this band in the USA.

The rest of the world has a tremendous advantage over us on 30 meters!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC