Re: [Amps] SWR & other things...

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SWR & other things...
From: Jeff Carter <amps@hidden-valley.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 21:50:53 -0500
You know, I have always wondered about that, and I was hoping that
somebody would set me straight on it.

As I was building this SB-220, I was thinking how much the components
reminded me of the inside of an antenna tuner.  That led me to wonder
if that wasn't what I was actually doing, tuning the tube output
impedance to whatever the antenna system impedance was.

In that case, I wonder why people use tuners at all with these old
amplifiers.  Does it give you more range, or something?  Or is it
totally unnecessary?

Thanks,
Jeff/KD4RBG