Re: [Amps] Microwave Transformers?

To: "Steve Thompson" <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Microwave Transformers?
From: "KB0NLY" <kb0nly@mchsi.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:08:37 -0500
Just for the fun of it I might tear apart one of these old nukers and
salvage the transformer.  I have seen other websites where they show the
removal and rewinding of the secondary to make power supplies for lower
voltages.  One smart ham made a really nice 13.8v DC power supply with panel
meters and the whole works using a microwave transformer.  He claims its
capable of at least 40 amps.  I don't know if he is valid in his claim, but
its a free transformer if I wanted to work on it!

73,

Scott