Re: [Amps] filament transformers

To: "Paul Decker" <kg7hf@comcast.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] filament transformers
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 18:58:15 -0400
Get the 3A version and measure the voltage at the socket. If its high
(which it should be) wind some wire on a small ferrite rod which can
also double as a filament choke. When you go to the 2nd tube use heavier
wire on the rod or none depending on the voltage. It never hurts to go
slightly lower than the median spec.  The transformer will only give 14V
at its 3A rating and it will be a bit higher at 1.5A

Dont waste money on an overpriced custom transformer in this instance. I
dont see the necessity for a rheostat either for such a small drop.

Carl
KM1H