[Amps] Doorknob Caps Needed: Background

To: Amplifier Reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Doorknob Caps Needed: Background
From: RICHARD SOLOMON <w1ksz@q.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 04:31:49 +0000
Let me back up a tad on this. I am converting an SB-220 to 6 Meters.

One of the questions I have is about the Plate Coupling Cap value. I see

values of anywhere from 100 pF to 1,000 pF used. There must be some

way to determine the appropriate value besides closing your eyes an

picking one out of the box.

I didn't find any specifics in the West Coast HB so unless I experiment

with a bunch I am going to have to rely on what others have done.

Maybe the answer is to use the one in the SB-220 ??

Any thoughts,

73, Dick, W1KSZ