[Amps] 3-500Z's: Brand ??,

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 3-500Z's: Brand ??,
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 18:33:23 -0500
Dick,

I have used the RF Parts "house brand" matched pair 3-500zg for the
past 8 years with no problems.  They are the ones made in China but
they seem perfectly okay.  I read somewhere that the difference
between them and the American tubes is the glass is thinner on the
Chinese ones.  There's static floating around to the effect the
Chinese tubes in general are inferior but factual reports from people
actually operating them dispute this.  I'm running mine at 250 to 300
w. carrier AM with no problems, 1.3 kw pep.

73

Rob K5UJ