Re: [Amps] Plate bypass caps.

To: "Mike & Becca Krzystyniak" <k9mk@flash.net>, <AMPS@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Plate bypass caps.
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 13:58:23 -0400
Doubling the plate blocking cap with another 1000pf, and adding a .01uF @
3KV disc cap to the base of the plate choke will improve efficiency on 160.
The tank coil could also use an extra turn as well as some more fixed Load
C.

Making a new top cover from aluminum works wonders on all bands.

Another step is changing the filament choke to a 7 1/2" Type 33 mix ferrite
rod wound full of #14 enamel wire.

 Adding a tuned input network also is a big help on all bands with SS xcvrs.

Carl
KM1H