Re: [Amps] grounding grids

To: Jack Shirley <jcshirle@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] grounding grids
From: Thomas Carlsson <thomascarl@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 23:00:16 -0300
Interesting addition: LK-500 and its brothers have Grids direct to Ground,
no components.Cathode resistor only 0.15ohm/3W.
SB220 and L4(B) both 1ohm in cathode and they have the same grid components,
on schematics I have the RFC and C's are copies of each other.73, Thomas,
PY2ZXU/SM0CXU

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Jack Shirley <jcshirle@gmail.com> wrote:

> I looked at the various 3-400 and 3-500 circuits in the Eimac Amateur
> Service Newsletters and did not find this mentioned anywhere.
>
> If the SB-220 and L4 use the same grid circuit, I could ask the engineer
> who
> designed the Drake L-4 as I know him personally.  Any interest?
>
> 73  Jack N8DX
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 6:48 PM, Ward Silver <hwardsil@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > perhaps somebody with an SB-220 and a spectrum analyzer needs to do
> > > an IMD profile using each grid circuit and SEE which one produces the
> > > cleaner
> > > output.
> >
> > What?!  And ruin a perfectly good thread?
> >
> > 73, Ward N0AX

Thomas, PY2ZXU/SM0CXU
Member of the PW2D Team