Re: [Amps] 240V Outlet

To: dhallam@rapidsys.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 240V Outlet
From: Martin A Flynn <maflynn@att.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 13:05:59 -0400
David,
We are adding circuits for power amplifiers at one of the local EOC:
Our electrician recommended that we pull  both phases, neutral and
ground to each location, regardless if the device needed a neutral.
This would allow flexibility should we install new equipment.     The
cost of the wire is negligible for the added flexibility it brings.

Two other recommendations:

    * To oversize the wire by at least one gauge size (on a 20 amp
      circuit, use #10 wire instead of the #12) to address potential
      voltage drop issues.
    * Use twist-lock or IEC 309 pin and sleeves, instead of straight
      blade connectors.

Martin