Re: [Amps] 240V Outlet

To: "AMPS List" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 240V Outlet
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 22:05:14 -0700
On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 20:30:12 -0400, David C. Hallam wrote:

>The supply for
>the 200 watt exciter section is a separate PS with its 120V supply
>derived from a outlet mounted on the HV chassis.

So far, that doesn't seem like it would take much to fix it. Simply
put a modern 120V 3-wire cord on the 120V supply and plug it into a
legal 120V outlet. If it was me, I would put that outlet in the same
quad box as the 240V outlet so that it has its green wire connected
to the same point (for the reasons previously noted). If there is
switching involved, you may need to go a bit further, but still not
brain surgery.

73,

Jim K9YC