Re: [Amps] Carbon film or metal oxide film resistors for low-power RF ci

To: dezrat1242@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Carbon film or metal oxide film resistors for low-power RF circuits?
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 17:30:25 -0700
In lieu of a Truly Accurate impedance bridge, this sounds like a job for
the old MFJ whatever-the-number analyzer. I just finished reading a
long-winded paper that asserted that metal oxide had less inductance
than carbon film which had less than metal film, but there's also
material out there that disagrees.

Assuming the MFJ gadget is accurate to within a few ohms at 50mhz, it
won't take much for me to do some sleuthing.

Thanks,
Jim, N7CXI