Re: [Amps] [Heathkit] The SB-220

To: Mike <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>, Amps Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] [Heathkit] The SB-220
From: chas <chasm@texas.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 20:22:51 -0500
Mike wrote:
> I am confused here, so what are you trying to say, attaboy for selling me
> the amp, but it does not work properly like it should, so I need to take it
> back and have it fixed to work like it is supposed to?
>
> Mike

sorry, I am really bad in writing... I expect people to read my mind I guess <G>
no, just wanted to say kudos to Lon for doing a superb job of modifying and
upgrading my specimen.  It might now work like it was originally intended,
and that may be because the amp as he got it, had the wrong Dahl transformer
in it.  who knows.  Point is, regardless, it works GREAT!!  I just pretend
that it is a single power instead of a dual range-power amplifier.  Much
simpler.<G>

I am nuts about this amp.!!  The only thing that I believe that I would like
to add to the shack is an Alpha 374A - then I would have everything I could
possibly need.

again, my apologies and I did not mean any criticism of Lon in any manner.
He does superb work and I am sure that he simply overlooked telling me that
this was not capable of doing the usual 700W?/1200W?  or whatever the
original was set for.  I do not miss it and am not about to take it back
across town to have him change out transformers or whatever.  That is simply
nitpicking!!.  In fact Lon, I apologize for even mentioning it.  mea culpa.

73
chas with bad case of CRS!!

--
chasm@texas.net   k5dam  Houston, TX