[Amps] 4-1000A neutralization

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 4-1000A neutralization
From: kc0hfl@cox.net
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 20:30:21 -0400 (EDT)
I have completed my 2 tube 4-1000A amp but am experiencing self
oscillation when I apply plate voltage. My question is do I need to add
a neutralization capacitor in the plate line? I reviewed all the
schematics and artical's I used for research and found none to be used
with the 4-1000 I did notice there use in the 3-500/3-400 amps. I am
running the tubes grounded grid feeding the input thru .01 caps to each
socket with a .01 across my input divider.  The entire cathode end of
the tube is in a metal enclosure below the RF deck.  I also bypassed the
filament leads going in the enclosure with .01 caps. Any ideas?

  Bob, kc0hfl