Re: [Amps] Sunspots gone?

To: Kevin LaHaie <klahaie@centricata.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Sunspots gone?
From: Jack Parker <vhfplus@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 18:40:42 -0700
Ah, but the sunspot number  was 31...that does not translate into 31
sunspots because of the means of calculating the SSN. There's a formula
something like adding 10 to the combined number of spots and groups. That's
not exactly right but gives you the general idea.
73,

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 9:02 AM, Kevin LaHaie <klahaie@centricata.com>wrote:

> Obviously somebody is spending too much time on reflectors, and not
> enough time on the Solar Propagation Websites
>
> If you haven't, check out www.solarcycle24.com - everything (and then
> some) regarding the current solar cycle.
>
> Yesterday there were 31 sunspots, solar flux is 76, and the FT5
> DXpedition was S7 here on the left coast yesterday.  Europe in the
> mid-afternoon here was WIDE open.
>
> So, perhaps it was just waiting for fall?
>
> enjoy!  73 Kevin K7ZS
>

> mikea wrote:
> > Sunspots, now ... there are some astrophysicists saying that we won't be
> > seeing sunspots again for a long time, if we ever do. Gonna make HF DX
> > rather more difficult. May make life more difficult, too. See "Maunder
> > minimum".

Jack, W6NF
Silver Springs, NV
DM09ji