Re: [Amps] Suggestion.....

Subject: Re: [Amps] Suggestion.....
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 15:37:55 -0400

Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
> No, leave it alone.

I'd like to see it changed as most of my reflectors are that way.
> "Reply to sender" is the default for the MailMan list
> software and goes a long way to preventing the "oops!"
> of an accidental "reply to all."

When I hit reply I want to send ONLY to the reflector, but I have to
edit the addresses on nearly all posts because that goes only to the
poster. To reply to the reflector I have to reply to all and because of
a number of mail configurations as well as cross posting resulting in
bounces, I don't want it to go any where other than the reflector.
> Most e-mail software includes both "reply" and "reply
> to all" options.  If the list if configured for "reply
> to all" as a default, it eliminates the option to reply
> to the sender without a significant effort to find the
> correct reply address.

As it is I have to edit nearly all addresses to post on the reflector.
If the attributes are correct it takes little effort to find who posted.
Admittedly some have a problem doing that leaving the wrong person
getting credit.

That and as I subscribe to quite a few reflectors set up differently
this one gets more than a few mistakes. Course I make enough of those at
my age with out help. <:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)