Re: [Amps] PSU design question

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] PSU design question
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 12:46:14 +0000
>     I float B- above ground with roughly 125 ohms of R, in one case
> (separate PSU & RF deck) with 2 separate 250 ohm 25w Rs, one in each
> chassis, as well as a 1N5408 & .01 3kv cap on each side as well a la Lunar
> Link.

   I have never seen this and I do not understand a reason for this practice
with one exception,
that being where a tube element is grounded and that element needs monitored
and protected, such as
a klystron where the "body" (cavities) are grounded but must not have more than
100 mA of current.
   I am not sure if this design isn't providing grid bias inadvertently in some
amplifier designs,
bias that might vary for varying plate current.
   I can't recall what a "la Lunar Link" is, I don't know if I ever heard of it.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone
                   that they have not first taken away from someone else.