Re: [Amps] B- questions

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] B- questions
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:57:46 -0500
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 4:08 AM

I fail to see where you obtain a -3000V, perhaps its a terminology
confusion.

Even a grid driven amp can use the elevated B- and is nothing new used that
way.

In any circuit, come off the B- rail with a fast acting plate overcurrent
relay, adjusted properly with its own shunt resistor and then thru the meter
to ground. The meter is shunted with a very low value high wattage resistor.
Reverse parallel diodes may protect the meter but long term experience with
an almost 50 year old commercial amp still in service worldwide says the
power is dumped with sufficient speed that it becomes a frill. Since the
meter is now unobtanium the cost of 2 diodes cant hurt.

Carl
KM1H