Re: [Amps] Advice

Subject: Re: [Amps] Advice
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 20:52:53 -0500

Carl wrote:
> Is a 1-2dB increase worth it?
"To me" chasing DX, working Aurora, or contests, every db counts.<:-))
Although the 3-500's and 572Bs are considered poor tubes for VHF due to
the long internal leads, they work quite well in a properly designed and
constructed circuit.

I'd think the old Alpha 76 series would make really good subjects for
mods, but there many amps out there for less money that will suffice and
"in general" it is far easier to modify an existing amp than build from
scratch.

73

Roger (K8RI)