Re: [Amps] Advice

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, "Roger" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Advice
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 17:22:59 -0500
I believe that goes way back to the "if one is good then 2 must be better
phrase"

Since a single ended 100TH, for example, couldnt make a KW on CW then using
a pair solved the problem. It actually goes mack to the original discovery
of PP or parallel tubes sometime in the 20's or earlier.

Its also a lot easier to run a pair of 8877's then stepping up to 3 kW +  Pd
tube such as the 3CX3000A7 which is a drive and filament power hog. The tube
of choice then is the YC-156 which has its own issues.

And for the cost involved 3 or 4 813's can make some serious RF. I use 4 in
one of my AM amps.

Carl
KM1H