[Amps] Conservation of Energy!

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Conservation of Energy!
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 04:48:17 -0800 (PST)
Whilst doing a search on super capacitors (just a bit of self education on a
device I know little about), I came across chat groupies on the topic who
believe that super capacitors provide more energy than it takes to charge
them...  They are using a kludged up oscillator to take current out of the cap
and then bootstrap charge the cap (much in the fashion of battery desulfaters)
and claiming because of the temperature rise of the cap it's power production
is over unity...  They certainly are earnest, but I suspect that the physicists
who developed super caps probably have a better understanding of what the caps
can and cannot do, than they...
But, they are earnest...

denny / k8do