[Amps] Gonset GSB201

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Gonset GSB201
From: "Bill K2OWR" <k2owr@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 15:06:27 -0500

:::: I've had this thing for over 45 years, using it on and off. Sometimes
"off" for ten years at a time.
It's always been reliable, but not without it's problems.
The untuned input is hated by modern solid state xcvrs; the 110 volt AC only
makes the lights dim and reduces output; and the bandswitch has long ago given
up on ten meters, and now arcing over on some others.

I will absolutely buy a new(er) amp, but until then, I'd love to get this old
boat anchor healthy again.

The Bandswitch seems to be the only thing impossible to find.
Anyone got a good source for this thing....I'm not afraid of "fudging" one
that's close, but if I'm going to do it, I'd like a more rugged one. It's
listed in the schematic as a 7 position wafer switch.
 It seems to be a fairly simple 7 position, 2 wafer ceramic switch.....but
unquestionably too light duty.