Re: [Amps] NCL-2000 mods

To: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] NCL-2000 mods
From: jim feldman <mtnredhed@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:52:12 -0800
Steve, thanks for the correction.  I'm in serious "learn" mode.  After
reading up on voltage doublers, it seems the voltage output is pretty
sensitive to current loads.  I know grid current is very low with respect to
plate current, but  do you think I should be concerned that the regulated
grid voltage mod is getting it's power from the HV supply?

I found a RCA datasheet for the 8122, and it seems they recommend 20ohm
"non" inductive resistor between cathode and ground to lower 3rd order
distortion at the expense of a some output.

thanks
jim