Re: [Amps] Source for large purchase of toroids?

To: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Source for large purchase of toroids?
From: Dan <n5ar@air-pipe.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 12:10:12 -0800
I just purchased $450 worth of Fair-Rite parts last week for our club. I
checked prices at Newark, Mouser,and Allied. Two weeks ago Allied had
lower prices than the others. Suddenly when I was ready to order, Allied
had removed Fair-Rite from their list and I think they no longer handle
that line. It is always possible that somehow there is a screw up in
their on line catalog. The prices from the others were essentially
identical. Mouser is a regular exibiter at HamCom convention in Dallas
and seems to have a number of ham employes so I chose them. I specified
the lowest shipping rate of UPS which was $25.25 for our order. When
they shipped they used second day UPS and said they would cover the
difference of  $92.82-$25.25, a nice touch I think. They shipped the
same day I entered the order and we had the cores in 2 days.
73, Dan, N5AR