Re: [Amps] Massive transformer

To: gpatterson53@hotmail.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Massive transformer
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:56:42 EST
Hi Gary, your transformer was designed to use a filter choke followed by
modest C type filter. With this type filter you should be able to supply
several  hundred milliamperes of current.

You might want to compare your transformer with others from that era
considering weight and voltage. You will need an old catalog from UTC, Stancor
or Thordarson to do that.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 1/25/2010 1:42:28 P.M. Central Standard Time,