Re: [Amps] Fw: Good amp to buy /amp notes

To: dezrat1242@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fw: Good amp to buy /amp notes
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 22:40:47 -0500

Bill, W6WRT wrote:
> [...]
With full carrier and full output, you can also adjust the ALC so it
just becomes active. Then when talking keep the drive down to the point
where you are just under where the ALC becomes active, but don't use the
ALC to limit the output or it'll really splatter.  This is particularly
important with SS amps.

It's also the way some commercial amps recommend you keep track of the
signal level.

73

Roger (K8RI)