Re: [Amps] Plate Choke Resonances

To: Amps reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Plate Choke Resonances
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 00:05:41 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 00:11:50 -0700, Larry Benko <xxw0qe@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Come on Bill.  No weasel words like "Tesla Effect".  That doesn't prove
>anything at all.  Just describe a schematic showing what you are
>claiming with values and I will be glad to simulate it.  I certainly
>don't mind being wrong especially if I learn something in the process.

REPLY:

It seems to me that you have never actually experienced the Tesla
Effect in a real circuit. If you had, you would never question it. I
think you are putting way too much faith in the ability of your
simulation software.

You need to test your simulation software and see if it duplicates
real world behavior. If it can not simulate the Tesla Effect, I would
not use it for designing amplifiers with resonant plate circuits.

73, Bill W6WRT