Re: [Amps] Advice: harmonics from Alpha 91B on 160

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Advice: harmonics from Alpha 91B on 160
From: Larry Benko <xxw0qe@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 09:44:10 -0700
FCC Part  97.307(d)

"For transmitters installed after January 1, 2003, the mean power of any
spurious emission from a station transmitter or external RF amplifier
transmitting on a frequency below 30 MHz must be at least _43 dB below
the mean power of the fundamental emission_. For transmissions installed
on or before January 1, 2003, the mean power of any spurious emission
from a station transmitter or external RF power amplifier transmitting
on a frequency below 30 MHz must not exceed 50 mW and must be at least
40 dB below the mean power of the fundamental emission. For a
transmitter of mean power less than 5W installed on or before January 1,
2003, the attenuation must be at least 30 dB . A transmitter built
before April 15, 1977, or first marketed before January 1, 1978, is
exempt from this requirement."

Fortunately most manufacturers exceed the 43 dB number by a significant
amount.  By the way 43 dB below 1500W is 75mW.

73,
Larry, W0QE